There are many ways to break into the business world, but applicants have an even better chance at success by showing they have the training employers want for the corporate world.
This is where San Jacinto College Business & Professions comes in to offer certification courses for working professionals or those looking for a career change.
“Continuing and Professional Development benefits both the company and the individual by fortifying their mutual credibility in the market,” said John Suarez, program director of Business & Professions. “It is an investment that makes both more valuable to each other and to their customers. It is no longer an option but required to have competitive advantage.”
Offered through the College’s Continuing and Professional Development (CPD) division, Business & Professions courses range from entry level to advanced. Course options are divided into the categories of Accounting and Payroll, Professional Development, Leadership and Supervisory, Online Courses, Lean Six Sigma, Quality, Project Management, Human Resources and Bank Teller. Many courses allow a person to train for the workforce in a short amount of time and offer flexible scheduling with many classes offered in the evening.
Popular courses include the Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt courses, the payroll specialist fast track certificate program, the project management fast track certificate program, accounting for small business and bank teller fundamentals. A new course, DISC Assessment, was introduced to train professionals on how to build more effective working relationships.
Many participants of these courses are able to apply for course fee assistance through a variety of grants offered by the College’s CPD division. For more information about all of the business and professions courses offered through CPD at San Jacinto College, visit sanjac.edu/cpd.
About the Continuing and Professional Development division
This division at San Jacinto College provides continuing education and training for both current and future employees in the professional and technical job sectors, as well as provides the public with noncredit open enrollment course options to enhance their lives. Professional and technical training is available through contract training, open enrollment, and grant funding.
For more information, call 281-476-1838 or visit the Continuing and Professional Development division website at sanjac.edu/cpd.
– Jeannie Peng Mansyur
These courses are available through the CPD Business & Professions areas.
Accounting and Payroll
- Accounting for Small Business
- Accounting Specialist Fast Track Certificate Program
- Payroll Specialist Fast Track Certificate Program
- Fundamental Payroll Exam Prep
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) (Mastery) Exam Prep
Professional Development Training
- Time Management
- Technical Writing
- Creating Stellar Customer Relations
- Coaching Stellar Customer Relations
- Online Time Management
- Leadership Skills for Managers
- Collaborative Leadership Skills for Managers
- Certified Manager Program
Online Courses through Ed2Go
- Project Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Communications and more
- Bank Teller Fundamentals
- Train and Trainer
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Essentials of Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Certificate Program, instructor led
- Human Resource Certification Program, online
- Professional in Human Resources and Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) Exam Prep
- Project Management Fast Track Certificate Program
- Online Project Management Certificate Program
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Prep
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Prep Plus
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) Exam Prep
- Certified Scrum Master Workshop
Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, instructor led
- Lead Six Sigma Black Belt, instructor led
- Understanding and Implementing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Online Lean Essentials
- Root Cause Analysis Basics
- Root Cause Analysis for Facilitators
- Basic Root Cause and Data Analysis Methodology Tools
- Exemplar Global Certified Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 Lead Auditor Training
- Exemplar Global Certified International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015, and OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor Training
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) Review
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQ/QE)
- ASQ Process Analyst Certification Exam Review
- ASQ Quality Improvement Certification Exam Review